Lafayette’s New School Website

Laura McPherson, Staff Writer/Copy Editor

If you’ve visited the school’s website recently, there’s no doubt that you’ve noticed the changes made to its setup and design. This is not something specific to Lafayette, all Fayette County school websites have been altered to  this new sleek and uniform layout. If you are having difficulty finding what you need, you’re certainly not alone. It may seem disconcerting at first glance, especially after becoming so accustomed to the old website, but the improved design makes accessing various tools easier then ever!

When you initially open the site, you will be greeted by a picture of the school and several tabs located at the top of the page. Looking for Office 365? You’ll find it handily under the “Staff or Students” tabs. Beneath the photo of Lafayette, there is a set of icons labeled “Popular Links”, which will guide you to the the most commonly accessed links. Here you will find the S.T.O.P Tipline, the Infinite Campus Parent Portal, and the bus routes. Scrolling down a bit farther you can find a link to the Lafayette Times conveniently on the left.

While it is a bit reeling to find the school website so drastically changed, this assuredly can only bring good things for the future of Lafayette.