School Shows for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Abbey Hall

The cast of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat performing, Jacob and Sons/Joseph’s Dreams. People pictured: Luke Dailey, Brendan Naish, Nate Krohmer, Kieshaun Butts, Brady Ernst, Alyssa Mercurio, Bella Mancuso, Rose McClanahan, Izzy Mullins, Vivien Kurtz, Kori Silence and Mallory Crouch.

On Friday, January 23rd, Lafayette Theatre performed two shows of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat during A2 and A4. The tickets were sold during all five lunches until Thursday the 22nd for $5. The story of Joseph is from the Bible and is told entirely through song with the help of the narrators, and the musical follows preferred son Joseph. After being sold into slavery by his brothers, he ingratiates himself with Egyptian noble, Potiphar, but ends up in jail after refusing the amorous advances of Potiphar’s wife. While imprisoned, Joseph discovers his ability to interpret dreams, and he soon finds himself in front of the mighty but troubled, Elvis-inspired, Pharaoh. Joseph’s solution to Egypt’s famine elevates him to Pharaoh’s right-hand man and reunites him with his family.

The performances started at 10 a.m. and 1:50 p.m. in Beeler Auditorium for students to watch and enjoy. The show is directed by Mrs. Amie Kisling and the cast and crew is made up of students from Lafayette and SCAPA Bluegrass 5th graders. The narrators are played by Bella Mancuso, Alyssa Mercurio and Rose McClanahan. Joseph is played by Daniel Baesler.

The cast has been working since the end of October 2019 to make this show amazing and fun. An anonymous student from the show said, “People should come see Joseph because it is so colorful and fun.”

With many rehearsals, promotion for the show from LEX18 and DeAnn Stephens, a reporter for WKYT-TV, the show has come together for people to come see. The students working on Joseph are so excited to open this week and show everyone what they have been working on.