• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

Halloween Horror Nights Universal Orlando 2023

Logan Gwynn
Logan Gwynn and his Dad posing out front of the Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 30 Years 30 Fears sign for their 2021 season in October of 2021.

On June 7th, 1990, Universal Studios Florida opened their doors to the public. Since then, they have become one of the best amusement parks for thrills and to see your favorite movies come to life. In 1991, they had a bright idea to open a three-day event named “Universal Studios Frights Nights,” with one haunted house titled “The Dungeon of Terror.” Fast forward to 2023, they now have “10 Terrifying Haunted Houses,” “5 Sinister Scare Zones,”, and a total transformation of their park from September 1st to November 4th. It is one of the most well-known Halloween attractions in the U.S. and one of the most well-known in the Southeast region.

General Prices for the Event:
A single-night ticket to the event can range from $79.99-$124.99, depending on the day you decide to go. They also offer the Horror Nights Express Pass, a way to skip the long lines that can form at this event and go through all the houses simultaneously. The price can range from $139.99-$239.99, depending on the day you decide to go. Another special pass they offer is the R.I.P. tour, a guided tour around Halloween Horror Nights, ten haunted houses, and five scare zones. It also gives you an unlimited fast pass to all other rides and attractions. There are many other perks and features. An excellent article to learn more about the R.I.P. Tour for 2023 is RIP Tour Universal Orlando – Halloween Horror Nights.” The price for the R.I.P. tour ranges from $329.99-$449.99. Their website has plenty more packages and deals to find the one that best suits your needs.

Haunted Houses:
Universal always does four branded haunted houses, then six original haunted houses. Their four branded haunted houses are Stranger Things 4, The Exorcist: Believer, The Last of Us video game, and Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count. Their six original haunted houses for this year are Universal Monsters: Unmasked, Dr. Oddfellow’s Twisted Origins, Dueling Dragons: Choose Thy Fate, YETI: Campground Kills, The Darkest Deal, and Bloodmoon: Dark Offerings. All of the houses are very unique and intricate in their ways. The Icon for HHN’s 32nd season is Dr. Oddfellow. You can read more about who he is, how he ties into the theme of this year, and his lore here.

Scare Zones, Shows, and Attractions:
Universal’s five Scare Zones for the 2023 season revolve around Dr. Oddfellow. They are Dr. Oddfellow’s Collection of Horror, Dark Zodiac, Jungle of Doom: Expedition Horror, Vamp ‘69: Summer of Blood, and Shipyard 32: Horrors Unhinged. These Scare Zones are located around the park and are areas that are themed to scare people walking through them. They add a fun and immersive environment to the park.

One main show at Universal this year is Nightmare Fuel Revenge Dream. It is an aerial stunt-based show with pyro effects and loud music. It is a very entertaining show and a fan favorite. They have an exceptional surprise performance presented this year, the M3GAN Horde. The horde will appear at random times and locations throughout the park and do their dance.
Another awesome thing that Universal does is the Death Eaters Encounter in Diagon Alley. Death Eaters will be roaming the streets of Diagon Alley in search of people willing to devote their power to Voldemort. Special effects and interactive elements make you feel part of the action.

Other things around the Park:
There are attractions and rides open during this nighttime event. Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts, Transformers: The Ride, Revenge of the Mummy, Men In Black Alien Attack, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit are the rides you can expect to see open. They also have the Tribute Store, an awesome display the park puts together as a gift shop. Every year, the theme of the store changes. There are special treats to buy, displays, and limited merchandise. The 2023 Tribute Store is themed after a Horror Comic Book comes to life.

Food and Specialty Treats:
Some of the standout menu items this year are the Al Pastor Torta, Bloody Campground Poutine (YETI: Campground Kills themed), Bloody Snowball (YETI: Campground Kills themed), Dr. Oddfellow’s Carn” EVIL” Dog, Fried ‘til the End Chicken (Chucky: Ultimate Kill Count themed), Left Behind Ravioli (The Last of Us themed), Peanut Blooder Smashburger, and Surfer Boy Pizza (Stranger Things 4 themed). You can find the descriptions and information on the food items in the Food and Speciality Treats link. Some HHN cult classics are Pizza Fries and Twisted Taters, both top-rated items for fans.

Halloween Horror Nights is an excellent event for Halloween lovers. It combines all of the elements of a fun time with the spooky atmosphere that Halloween lovers crave. If you ever have the chance to go, I highly recommend it. They can bring your favorite movies and themes to life.