• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

Lafayette Student Election

As many students at Lafayette compete to be the voice for their fellow students, the days towards the end of the election are counting down. Strong candidates determined to be elected have created an intense run for the 2023-2024 school year. Monday, September 18th, 2023, at 8:25 a.m., voting started, and votes are being cast. Students have until Friday, September 22, 2023, to put in their votes. Students should check their Canvas announcements for election voting details. Winners will be announced over the intercom and through social media posts.

Candidates for this election have been running great campaigns. A sophomore candidate, Tyler Terrell said, “I like having a campaign theme… I’m currently handing out Dum-Dums. Tyler is running for Vice-President after having previous experience as a Freshman Class Officer.

When asked his plans if he gets elected, he stated, “I’ll try my best to advocate for whatever the student body wants, and I will definitely speak to the admin and people in charge.”
After touching base with Tyler about why he is running for Sophomore Vice President, we spoke to Junior Joel Desmennu to get more input on how the election is going.

Desmennu is running for President of the Junior class along with Chance Howard, who is running for Vice President. Joel said they will try their hardest to bring back seven minutes in the hallways. Joel also is going to extreme lengths to try and win this election. He stated he is “going bald if he wins.” Howard and Desmennu are working extremely hard to focus on bringing more minor and unknown sports to light, such as fishing, tennis, etc.

If you have yet to vote, polls and class officer videos are available on Canvas class pages.