• Have a great summer, Generals! See you next year!
  • Graduation May 30th, 2024, 10 at Rupp Arena
  • Check out our Instagram @lafayettetimes

Lafayette Volleyball Senior Night

Lafayette Volleyball Seniors. From left to right: Cailyn Fuamatu, Sydney Lewis, Narrah Wilson, Annie Arnold, and Avery Habersack. October 12, 2023

The Lafayette Volleyball regular season came to a close on October 12th; the last game was versus Bryan Station at home and it was Senior Night! Last night, we celebrated our 5 seniors; Annie Arnold, Cailyn Fuamatu, Avery Habersack, Sydney Lewis, and Narrah WIlson.
To start off the night, the Freshman team swept the floor after their big win against Bryan Station. In both sets, there were multiple digs from players like Emery Luckett and Mia Mates. There were also kills sent by Carli Dotson and Kavery Myrick (who are in eighth grade by the way!) They finished off the second set with a score of Lafayette 21, Bryan Station 5.

Continuing on this wonderful night, the JV team also cleaned up after their game. From the table, I saw Addison Smith get a ball up that was pretty much on the bleachers. They also had great blocks from Lily Grant and Aaliyah Davis. Of course, you have to also look at our amazing JV Libero, Payton Watts. Her hustle this year has been more than spectacular. The way she can just get the ball up is astounding.

Starting off the senior night celebrations, the girls walked out with their parents with great advice to future and current players. After everyone had walked out, the seniors had picked a person to present a speech and it was the most emotional part of the night. Annie picked Brooklyn Rudzik, Cailyn picked Ella Mooney, Avery picked Jolena Thomas, Sydney picked Ava Ruber, and we can’t forget about Narrah picking Audrey Gosset, whose speech brought everyone to tears. Audrey’s tears just showed how loved and appreciated all of our graduating seniors are.
The game started and Lafayette was doing amazingly but was just falling a little short throughout the first two sets. Digs were coming in from Grace Gossett and Emma Pittman. Also kills Avery Habersack, Madelyn Blakey, and Sydney Lewis. We came back very strong in the third set but just fell a few points short losing 0-3.

A loss is never fun, especially on Senior Night. But these girls are strong and they played amazingly throughout their 4 years here, especially this season. We continued the tradition of the seniors signing their names on the wall to be there forever. This season was absolutely incredible and even though we ended with a loss, we will never forget the special moments and wins we shared this season.