• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

Fall Movie Classics

Cynthia Guevara
Fall pumpkins and a digital cozy fireplace, taken on 10/9/23

Fall is here, can you feel it in the weather? It has been getting windy and the leaves are changing color. I don’t know about you but fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it, from the delicious new fall drinks to the snuggling into blankets because of the chilly weather. One of my favorite parts of fall is the movie classics that set the perfect mood. Fall always reminds me of snuggling under the covers in comfy clothing while lighting a pumpkin candle, getting ready snacks to sit back and relax, and watch the best fall classic on TV.

Fall is the movie and TV show season, it’s something about the change in the weather that just sets the mood for staying inside to watch countless movies and series. The drop in the temperature during fall and the gloominess of the outside caused by the weather is perfect. There are 3 genres for fall movies, there are thriller/horror movies,then there is drama movies, then there are fantasy/spooky movies that are generated during the Halloween season.

Due to Halloween being in the fall season, there are tons of spooky, horror, thriller, and fantasy movies being watched during the fall. The movies we grew up watching during Halloween were Coraline, Halloweentown, The Addams Family, Monster House, Corpse Bride, Hocus Pocus, The Witches, Harry Potter, and Twilight. These movies had the essence of fall with the spookiness of Halloween, it feeds into the imagination we have and the possibility of magic. These movies are fall classics to be rewatched every time since the first leave begins to drop starting the fall season off. There are constant releases of horror movies around this time, like The Nun 2 which was just released in theaters.

Fall is also the scariest season. Horror movies that provide a good jump and have you paranoid are the best kind of scary. Horror movies are best when watched in the fall at night. The top horror movies to watch during the fall are The Conjuring, Annabelle, Insidious, The Nun, and Jeeper Creepers. The dark is probably the scariest part of fall, it leads to tons of paranoia and watchfulness. All scary movies are based in the fall because of the look of the night during this time, and partially because Halloween is around the corner. Horror and thriller movies are all released in theaters during the fall too. Some new horror drops this fall are The Nun 2, The Exorcist Believer, Totally Killer, Pet Sematary, and Five Nights at Freddie’s.

Drama movies in the fall create a more sentimental feel to them. Watching a good heartbreaking movie is at the top of the list. My top drama movie recommendations are for The Dead Poets Society, Perks of Being a Wallflower, Little Women, When Harry Met Sally, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Autumn in New York, You’ve Got Mail,The Breakfast Club, and Pretty Women. The best way to watch these movies is to light a candle, get a hold of sweet baked treats, and grab some tissues. It’s time to cry. These movies have you thinking about life and choices. They also leave you with a life lesson you can learn from.

There are many best fall movies to choose from, from scary and horror movies to romance films. Which one will you choose on your next night in? The choices are endless, just make sure you are prepared for the aftermath if you choose the horror movie. Keep in mind the choices listed above when racking your brain on what movie to pick.