Dancing for the Kids! Dance Blue 2018

Katy Cornish, Business Manager

Dance Blue is a student-run organization that raises funds for Dance Blue Kentucky Children’s Hospital Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Clinic. Dance Blue also provides money to help fund research at the Markey Cancer Center in Lexington. It is a 24 hour, no sleeping/no sitting dance marathon held in various locations. Lafayette is one of the many schools that hosts this event. On January 20th, 2018, we will be holding our own Dance Blue and every student is encouraged to come.

The Dance Blue committee has been active at Lafayette for years. This September, the committee of students held a car wash at the Boston Road Exhaust Pro and raised about $900. Dance Blue nationally has raised over 11 million dollars since 2006 and each penny has helped in some way. Every donated dollar has gone to the research foundation to help prevent and treat cancerous diseases. Dance Blue also relieves some of the stress put on the families of cancer patients.

In the next few months, the dedicated committee members at Lafayette will host several different fundraisers to further benefit the program. They will sell $10 gift cards for Texas Roadhouse and host a pancake breakfast at one of their locations. Their goal for this year is to raise $16,000. Last year they raised over $14,000. Be sure to get involved and attend Lafayette’s Dance Blue for a fun night on January 20th, 2018.