The Royal Wedding

Katy Cornish, Staff Writer

On May 19th, 2018, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were wed. The event took place at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle in England. The service started at 7 a.m. EDT, and those who wanted to watch it in the states, were able to view it at 4 a.m. that morning.

Prince Harry participated in extensive schooling. After finishing his initial education, he took a gap year. During the gap year, the prince traveled to a number of places. In 2006, Harry founded a charity called Sentabale with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, Africa. The charity benefits young and vulnerable children in Lesotho, which was one of the destinations in Harry’s gap year. In 2011, Harry journeyed to the North Pole to raise awareness for wounded citizens with the Walking with the Wounded charity. He has had an eventful life, from attending military school to hiking in sub zero weather.

Meghan Markle attended to an all-girls Catholic school as a child. She began acting from a young age, and got her start in acting because her father was a lighting director and a photography director of Married With Children.  As an 11 year old, she became an advocate for women’s rights. She attended Northwestern University where she obtained a degree in theatre and international studies. Not only is she an actor, but she used to work at the U.S. Embassy of Argentina.

They met on a blind date in 2016. Harry officially announces they are dating a few months later. They were engaged by November of 2017. Markle and the prince both love traveling, which makes them a good couple.Their wedding is being referred to as “The Royal Wedding 2.0”, different in style from Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding in 2011.

About the Writer
Katy Cornish, Business Manager

Katy is a freshman at Lafayette High School. She is a staff writer for the news section and the business manager for the Lafayette Times. She is also a member of the YSC Teenboard and the Dance Blue committee for Student Council. She enjoys listening to music and being outside. After graduating, she wants to pursue a career in social work. She aspires to go to NYU and get a degree in social psychology or criminal law.

• The Royal Wedding

Features

School Board Tax Increase for Safety Upgrades

• The Royal Wedding

News

The Truth about Natural Disasters

• News

Stranger Danger! The Risks of Walking Alone

• The Royal Wedding

News

NASA’s discoveries

• The Royal Wedding

News

Walkouts and Protests by Teachers and Students

• News

Retiring Teachers of 2018

• The Royal Wedding

News

The Kentucky Teacher Achievement Awards

• The Royal Wedding

News

Freshman Parent Orientation

• The Royal Wedding

News

University Research Seminar Night

• The Royal Wedding

News

2017-2018 Year Math & English Textbooks

The Royal Wedding