A Star is Born Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Star is Born Review

Journalist Kylie Willis.

Journalist Kylie Willis.

Journalist Kylie Willis.

Journalist Kylie Willis.

Kylie Willis, Clubs witer

On Friday October 5, A Star is Born premiered in theaters all across America. The movie shattered the box offices. The immense revenue, Oscar nominations, and overall buzz was astonishing. But aside from the stats, the movie itself was truly amazing. It was one of the most moving films I’ve ever seen. From the moment the lights dimmed in the theater to the moment they revived, I felt like I was a part of the characters’ lives and lived their story.

The film takes us on the journey of two musicians who find each other by happenstance and fall into a whirlwind of love, fame, and agony. Jackson Maine is a known musician with a dim past that bleeds into his present state of alcoholism and substance abuse. He comes across Ally Campana who is struggling at a dead-end job but performs at a drag bar at night to reveal her incredible voice. The story of this unlikely pair will leave you laughing, singing, and crying.

Along with the phenomenal story, the accompanying soundtrack is astounding. Every song emerges you into a different part of the film, but somehow still makes for a great melody that is perfect to casually listen to. “Shallow”, the anthem of the movie, was even nominated for a Grammy. Unfortunately, only three songs can be submitted from a movie so the other masterpieces won’t be in the running, along with the fact that the others weren’t released in time for Grammy registration (October first). In a perfect world, all of the film’s musical masterpieces would be in the running.

According to director and leading man, Bradley Cooper, he wanted to ensure, “audiences got a chance to experience the movie first or at least alongside [the soundtrack].” (Billboard). Not to mention, this was Bradley Cooper’s first movie he has directed. As said in many reviews and interviews, Cooper did an unbelievable job in this project and really touched the hearts of millions.

About the Contributor
Kylie Willis, Club Writer

Kylie Willis is a sophomore at Lafayette High School. She is a new journalist for The Lafayette Times, specifically reporting on clubs. Kylie's dream career...

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

What to do Over Winter Break?

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Crowded Lunches

• A Star is Born Review

Advice

Surviving Final Exams

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Homecoming Review: How it Went

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

The Pros and Cons of Charter Schools

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Metal Detectors at Lafayette?

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

School Lunch Nutrition

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Group Work for a Grade?

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Are we Given Enough Time During Class Change?

• A Star is Born Review

Opinion

Fall Break Falls Short

A Star is Born Review