Taste of Sunrise is Honored a the Board of Edu. Meeting

Amie Kisling

Cast and Crew of Taste of Sunrise

Zaida Bell-Frantz, Clubs Editor

Lafayette’s High School prides itself on having a multitude of very successful programs. One such program is a performance art: theatre. We have a superb drama department.

At the beginning of the year, Lafayette theater put on a production of Taste of Sunrise, a bilingual show performed in American Sign Language and English.

Recently, Fayette County Public Schools Board of Education honored the show for placing 1st in the Kentucky Theater Association state level competition. This is a huge honor and our theater program should be extremely proud of themselves. Another local high school, Tates Creek placed 2nd and was also honored. If you see a theater member sporting a medal in the hallway be sure to congratulate them on their hard work.

In October of 2018 Taste of Sunrise won 1st at the Kentucky Theater Associations (K.T.A) regional high school theater festival. Some other schools that competed were Tates Creek, Fredrick Douglass, Henry Clay, and many others. After the competition, many cast members went straight into rehearsing another play, but have yet to forget Taste of Sunrise.

Since the cast had such an outstanding performance and took home 1st at KTA State level. This show gets to attend the Southeastern Theater Conference. This conference is being held in Knoxville at the end of February and the cast is beyond excited to attend.

However, attending this conference costs a very large amount of money. If you would like to help send Lafayette theater to S.E.T.C contact Amie Kisling at [email protected] or by calling her at (859) 384-3474 extension 1120.