Clubs Introduction

Nikki Cesiro, Copy Editor/Opinion Editor

Here at Lafayette we have a large variety of clubs to pick and choose from. New clubs have recently been started, (i.e Board Game Club and American Sign Language) and are ready for you to join!  

It is highly recommended to join an extra-curricular activity, to help with college applications and job resumes, so don’t hesitate on joining a club you are interested in. It’s a wonderful way to communicate with other students and teachers, and a great way to do something you would enjoy. It is always a good idea to get with friends to join a club, to meet new people, or even just join a club on your own! If you really wanted to, and the idea isn’t already taken, you can start up a club of your own! Come up with an idea, find a teacher who will help sponsor your club, and find people who will be willing to join it.  

The benefits of joining a club are made obvious through the students, ask anyone who’s joined a club and 99% of the time they will tell you it’s worth joining an extra-curricular activity. Get involved! It will be worth it in the long run. 

In some of the upcoming articles there will be interviews for some of the clubs, what they are about, and the benefits of joining them. So, look forward to future works in the Lafayette Times about clubs!