• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

What to wear to Homecoming

Isaac Critchfield
Photo of dressed display mannequin at Macy’s, taken on November 1st, 2023

Homecoming, an annual tradition at Lafayette High School, typically involves a football game and dance where alumni come back to the school. The dance is an important part of homecoming for many of the current students and they want to dress more formally, but this brings up the question. What to wear to Homecoming?

There are many options for what to wear, ranging from more feminine, to more masculine and everything in between. It is important to keep in mind that clothing has no gender and these are just simple suggestions to think about while shopping for your homecoming outfit.

Color

If you plan on going with the theme of fire and ice, then you can try and match the colors usually associated with this. It would be recommended to wear colors such as light blue, dark blue, navy, white, or other cooler colors such as these if you plan on going more icy. For fire you could dress in black, burgundy, red, light orange, or other warm colors such as these.

Cloth

If you plan on wearing a dress, I would suggest a frilly cocktail or flowy midi dress. You should wear a dress that you feel comfortable and flattered in. And if you plan on going in pants, try wearing slacks or tuxedo pants with a dress shirt and some form of a blazer jacket. If none of these options seem to fit you or your personality, you can try wearing a jumpsuit, skirt or fancy vest.

Accessories

Of course, just having a nice suit or pretty dress is perfectly fine, you can stand out and show off more if you add accessories. If you plan on going with a suit, you can pair it with a tie, and with dress pants. You can wear a fancy chain or something along the lines of that to help your outfit be more unique. You could also add a nice necklace for any outfit you go with, same with rings, bracelets, and earrings.

All and all, this is just a guide to help you decide on what to wear. I hope you have a fun homecoming!