Dance Blue January

Ariana Spencer, Staff Writer

This is the fifth year that Lafayette is hosting Dance Blue. Ms. Schwab, who is the host of Dance Blue, said: “It’s an amazing event and is SO much fun.”

Dance Blue is a fundraiser that helps The Kentucky Children’s Hospital (KCH) Hematology and Oncology clinics.  They have many restaurants that are sponsoring the event and will be providing food. Some of the sponsors are Moe’s Southwest Grill, Papa John’s Pizza, Starbucks and Raising Cane’s.

Dance Blue will be on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 form 6pm-12am. Buying a ticket of $10 is required for admittance into the event, and also includes a tee-shirt to wear during the event. For the students that attend, they will be standing on their feet and have to stay on their feet, they will participate in various ‘Theme Hours’ and games. Also, they will participate in choreographed line dances.

Over the last four years they have raised more than $60,000 to donate to KCH.   In 2019 they set a goal to raise $25,000 to donate to KCH. They are encouraging all students of Lafayette to attend Dance Blue.

There will also be fanny packs available for purchase, and they are looking into having additional Dance Blue gear.

Come out and join us at Dance Blue. Help us reach our goal and, maybe, even beyond our goal.