ACT Prep

Hena Kachroo

ACT-prep workshop poster with information.

Hena Kachroo, Staff Writer

For Sophomores and Juniors, the ACT is coming up just around the corner on March 12th. So, if you are looking for more practice to raise your score, here is your chance. The Junior Class Executive Board is hosting free ACT prep sessions in Math, Science, Reading, and English this month. Sessions begin on Thursday, February 21st.

Mrs. McClanahan tells us, “Each year out Junior Class Executive Board engages in a service project benefiting their class to support them either academically or to promote community among the Juniors. A few years ago our class leadership felt specifically convicted to direct those efforts towards preparing our Juniors for the ACT. The students did everything from recruiting Lafayette teachers in each subject area to lead ACT prep sessions, coordinating a schedule, and getting the word out to their classmates. They put their heart into it and it was a great success! Each year since our Executive Board has carried on the tradition of supporting our upperclassmen as they prepare for their steps into young adulthood. This year we expanded the program to include our sophomores who will be taking the ACT as well.”

If you have any questions you can go talk to Mrs. McClanahan in room 102 or Mrs. Bugg in room 102.

In addition to the ACT prep sessions, there will be a free ACT workshop hosted in Lafayette Library by the Ultimate Test Prep. The workshop will be held on Monday, February 25th from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Here, you will practice and learn strategies that will help you to earn a higher score on the ACT. Practice questions, test-taking skills, insights, skills, and crucial strategies will be covered. Don’t forget that this workshop is free and one point higher on the ACT can save you a lot of money in college. For example, at UK a 25 to 26 on the ACT means 10,000 in savings, a 22 to a 23 at EKU means 14,000 in savings, and at WKU a 24 to 25 means 16,000 in savings.

Sign up now at https://www.fcps.net/Page/12553.