2019 Choir Award Ceremony

Ryan Marsh

Lafayette Choir Seniors

Zaida Bell-Frantz, Clubs Editor

Each year Lafayette choir hosts an awards ceremony to recognize those students who have shown true dedication, and put forth great effort during the year. Many students received scholarships along with the award.  The first award given was the Lexington Singers award. This $100 scholarship is given to 2 students who have been improving, motivating, and continuing to seek excellence in choral music. This award was given to Lauren Adams and Daryn Polzin.

The next awards given were SCAPA senior awards. The Bel Canto award is an award given to SCAPA seniors. This award is given to a student who demonstrates leadership, passion, and dedication to vocal music. This award was given to Kiara Butts. The winners for the Outstanding SCAPA Vocalist award was given to Emma Owens and Williams Atkinson, congratulations!

The Jean Wake award is given to two students who showcase a high standard of vocal and choral excellence. This year the recipients are Noel Bowyer and Micheal Merritt.

Next was the Grace Dean award, the students who receive this award have shown outstanding participation and leadership in Lafayette’s choirs. Along with the award the students have the opportunity to preform at graduation.  Jackson Becker and Kiara Butts were awarded the Grace Dean award.

Lafayette Chorus Boosters sponsors a $500 award given to two students who showcase service and leadership in Lafayette choirs. This year Valerie Langdorf and Emma Owens received this scholarship.

The final award of the night was the Joann McEvoy Frazer Vocal Achievement award. This award comes with: a scholarship of $1200, a plaque with their name engraved on it, which is located in the choir room, and an engraved julep cup. This award is given to a student who plans to attend college and has not only been a strong soloist, but is an exceptional leader and has participated in many music activities throughout their high school years. Williams Atkinson received this award.

The Choir had an exceptional year, and on behalf of the Lafayette Times, we congratulate all who received awards, and all the Choir achieved this school year.