• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

Taylor Swifts The Eras Tour Film Release

Mirabel Anderson
The Taylor Swift Eras Tour concert, night one, at the Cincinnati Bengals’ Paycor Stadium.

Taylor Swift, the most popular pop artist today, has just finished the United States leg of her Eras Tour. Her fanbase is immense, leaving many people unable to attend the tour in person. However, soon, everyone can watch her show on the big screen. A sophomore at Lafayette who is a fan of Swift said, “I would have totally gone [to the concert] if there were any tickets, but there were no tickets left and I was so sad.” The sophomore said that due to this she will be attending the film.

The Eras Tour film will be released on Friday, October 13th. The film has already broken records by selling 26 million dollars worth of tickets in presale in AMC theaters. Tickets to watch the Tour on film are expected to be about $15 to $20, while tickets to the live concert range from about $200 to $3,000, including resold tickets. Due to the skyrocketing prices of her concert tickets, many fans have the release of the film as the only way to watch the whole show.

Taylor took to social media on August 31st to announce the release and said, “The Eras Tour has been the most meaningful electric experience of my life so far, and I’m overjoyed to tell you that it’ll be coming to the big screen soon. Starting October 13th, you’ll be able to experience the concert film in theaters in North America!”. However, before it was announced, her fans suspected a release of the tour on film after sightings of professional recordings at some of her later shows.

Sam Wrench, a Grammy-nominated and Emmy award-winning director, directed the Eras Tour Film. The film was produced by James Coker, also known for having the film Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles with Billie Eilish.

This film truly expresses the visual brilliance displayed in The Eras Tour, and the film’s release is sure to be an extreme success.