Anime Club

Anime Club’s 2018-2019 flyer

Hailey Hellard, Staff Writer

Do you enjoy Japanese Anime or Manga? If so, Anime Club could be the right club for you! The Anime Club has fun doing activities such as: watching animated Japanese movies/shows, reading manga, drawing in the Japanese style, and learning about Japanese culture. Dance Dance Revolution is also an activity that the club enjoys to do.

Right now the club is watching Japanese films and playing various fun games involving Japanese culture. Also, students enjoy drawing anime characters or various drawings involving manga comics.

Anime club meets once a week, after dismissal in room 231. The day of the week differs from time to time and usually the club their starts activities at 3:30. When interviewed, the club sponsor Clara Graham-Reid said, “Anime club is really fun and we have a lot of activities that the students enjoy.”

Anyone who is interested in Anime or Japanese culture is welcome to attend the club’s meetings. Club member Abby Bix said when interviewed “I always have been interested in Japanese culture and anime club was the best opportunity for me to get involved with the school, meet new friends, and learn a lot of interesting things in the Japanese Culture”. Anime club has a friendly environment and is something that you could enjoy, so make sure to check it out.

If you love anime, manga or drawing make sure to stop by room 231 or contact Mrs. Graham-Reid for more information on club events , activities, and meetings. Come give the club a visit, you can have lots of fun and meet a lot of new friends and be involved with the Japanese culture as well as the school. It’s a great way to hang out with others who share the same interest as you as you can create strong bonds with one another. Everyone is encouraged to join.