• Seniors: Register to vote no later than April 22 to vote in the May Primary
  • Spring Break is April 1-5
  • Seniors! Look for information on our Senior Edition on our Instagram account!
  • Check out our Twitter and Instagram @lafayettetimes

Zombie in Love at Lexington Children’s Theatre

Rhonda Bell
The 12 cast members in “Zombie In Love” at Lexington Children’s Theatre posing for a picture at an afternoon rehearsal on September 20th.

Have you been looking for a family-friendly musical to bring your friends or siblings? Well, “Zombie in Love” is a great choice. The musical was originally a book created by Kelly DiPucchio and later adapted into a musical by Michelle Eliott and Danny Larsen. It was first shown at Lexington Children’s Theater in 2015 and is on stage again for this fall season.

The story follows Mortimer, a student who has been an outcast since he died and became a zombie, and Mildred, who is also like Mortimer. She is a zombie, as well as an outcast according to other students. Morttimer is desperate for a date to the dance. He struggled to ask girls out because they usually screamed and ran away. Mortimer was about to give up until he got the great idea to write a newspaper advertisement about himself to try and find a date.

Logan Gwynn, a sophomore at Lafayette, plays the outcast Mortimer. Alongside Logan, Clay House, also a sophomore at Lafayette, plays the quirky zombie named Mildred.

Through this story, Mortimer and Mildred are faced with trying to be their true goofy self instead of changing for other people. This is a great message for little children who come to watch. Logan Gwynn, when asked about the message of “Zombie in Love”, said, “It’s about not being afraid to be weird and be bold, and to be yourself.”

The musical has catchy songs, comedic remarks, and dance sequences that are very entertaining to watch. It also has a vibrant cast and crew who are very talented, and overall it is a great new experience for all.

Get your tickets online on the Lexington Children’s Theatre’s website or at the door. Dates for upcoming shows are Saturday, November 4th at 2:00 PM and Sunday, November 5th at 2:00 PM.